Volunteer-We need YOU! Come make a difference!
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless.
The Groves and Groves Community Hospice are so thankful for the many volunteers who support us.
Last year, they provided more than 26,000 hours of service!
- To do something meaningful
- Want to be involved in your community
- Want to feel connected to others
- Want to make a difference
- Want to feel needed or loved
- Retired and feeling bored or lonely
- Lost a loved one and want to support others
- Just because!
How can you help?
If you are interested in volunteering, either fill out the application on the left or contact:
- Ride to/and from doctor appointments
- Push wheelchairs or walk with residents to church services
- Helping residents who use wheelchairs to/from beauty shop
- Delivering mail
- BINGO on Saturdays
- Sit outside and share stories with residents
- Reading, watching a movie, helping send cards or letters with residents
- Helping with music activities
- Various office duties such as administration office activities, filing,
computer work or answering phones
- Watering plants
- Working with the animals or bringing residents to visit them
816.254.3500 ext. 410